My name is David Nguyen, and I am seminary student at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. Currently serving at Vietnamese Baptist Church of High Point with the next generation and work at a Non-Profit Organization to counsel families in crisis. My passion to send Bibles to the unreached people-groups where His living word is inaccessible and scarce began on a Mission trip in 2012 with my family to the mountains of Vietnam. I remember like it was yesterday, my dad and I had the opportunity to covertly meet up with a pastor and translator in the village of Kơkuh Pơ Pu Kơ Ơi Adai to distribute limited resources of rice, sesame oil and toys. We encountered children from all ages, a lame person who traveled miles, and several of senior adults who dealt with leprosy. Despite their physical suffering, every person had a contagious smile on their face as we share the Good News of God’s love through both ministering and serving them. The Lord changed my heart that day and felt the calling to reach those who have no/limited access to the living word of God. My prayer for this organization is to get the translated Bible to every unreached hand and unreached heart to know Christ as their Lord and Savior. More importantly, our desire is to glorify the Father by fulfilling the Great Commission command, which is to make disciples of every nations, tribe and people group (Matt. 28:19-20).
“We Send Bibles exist under the partnership of the Southern Vietnam Evangelical Church. The protestant church is dominated by the Evangelical Church in Vietnam, often referred to as the Christian and Missionary Alliance. In the early 1900s, the Christian and Missionary Alliance (C&MA) planted churches, equipped and trained pastors, translated the Bible, and raised up leaders from different ethnic groups. Fast forward today, We Send Bibles felt a strong calling to reach the Mnong people under the prayer and direction of the Southern Evangelical Church with various partners. In this effort to raise funds collaboratively, We Send Bible has strategically partnered with Vietnamese Religious Publisher (Thien Ngon) and the President of the Southern Vietnam Evangelical Church to assure the translating, printing and sending of the Bible. We desire that the message of Jesus Christ will dwell richly among the recipients of these Bibles. Will you commit to joining us today in sending Bibles?”
- We believe the Bible, as contained in the Old and New Testaments, is the inspired and infallible Word of God, being given by the Holy Spirit of God to holy men of old. It is, therefore, the only and final authority in all matters of faith and practice.
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His works of miracles, in His vicarious and redeeming death, in His cleansing blood shed on Calvary, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of God the Father and in His personal and visible return in power and glory.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord and Giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son; who by means of the Word of God, is the Author of the new birth, the Comforter, and the Sanctifier; and He indwells the believer.
- We believe that humans were created in the image of God, that they fell into sin, and thereby incurred not only physical death, but spiritual death which is separation from God; that all human beings, in consequence of the Fall, are born with sinful nature.
- We believe in the necessity of the new birth by the Holy Spirit in order that people may have peace with God, and this new birth cannot be received by being born into a Christian home or by association with believers. Rather, it is attained by putting one’s entire confidence in the atoning work of Christ on the cross, and in the power of His resurrection.
- We believe in the resurrection of the body, both of the just and the unjust, the eternal blessedness of the redeemed in Christ, and the eternal punishment of those who have rejected the offer of Salvation.
- We believe that the commission of Christ to be witnesses of His life, death and resurrection and eternal life through His name is the task of every born-again Christian.